|Location||Sterling Heights, MI|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2020|
SAIC is looking for a Remote Software Engineer/Developer (Robotics & Autonomous Systems) in support of U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Robotics / Autonomous Systems Center while working from home providing support for the team in in Sterling Heights, MI.
This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
This position is in support of U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Robotics / Autonomous Systems Center (manned & unmanned ground vehicles, robotics, vehicle electronics, and ground vehicle simulation).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical guidance and direction for the software team in the development of software requirements, design, code, test procedures to ensure a high-quality software release.
- Establish and maintain Software Development Plan (SDP) as well as the software development environment and branch strategies.
- Ensure all software engineering activities are carried out in a managed, controlled, efficient and effective manner consistent with the established organizational processes.
- Develop resource estimates in regards to manpower, schedule, cost and scope.
- Establish work assignments for individual engineers and collect completion statuses.
- Manage software engineering execution throughout the project lifecycle via the use of project metrics, risk management, structured decisions and project status reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree ideally in computer science, computer engineering and/or electrical engineering or other degree and 3+ years of experience; Master’s degree and 0 years related experience;
3+ years' of experience in Embedded Systems Software development and preferably a concentration in robotic and autonomous based solutions
At a minimum knowledge and interest in specializing in robotic and autonomous systems design patterns understanding and application
Software development / programming / testing
Develop IOP (Interoperability Profiles) software tools, including software design, development and testing
Support setup, development, and execution of SIL (Safety Integrity Level) capabilities for Army robotics programs
Proficient in C++, python or similar languages/software
Robotics or autonomy programming experience
Software system integration with controls, embedded systems programming
Experience with popular robotics middleware including but not limited to ROS, Apollo and RTMaps
Experience working with sensors including but not limited to Lidar, radar, camera, IMU, GPS
Familiar with communication protocol including but not limited to TCP, UDP, USB, CAN bus, I2C, SPI desired
Familiar with multi-threading programming and inter-process communication desired
A plus if candidate has an understanding of standards such as: SAE JAUS, J1939, RTSP, RTP, UDP, TCP, H.264 desired
Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability