|Date Posted||June 17, 2020|
CNC Programmer or Senior CNC Programmer
Create programs for CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software. Improve and optimize machining processes by reviewing material removal rates for optimum tool life and increased efficiency. Insures successful completion of CNC programming goals set forth by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software. UG NX 11.2 is a plus.
• Optimizing programs using Vericut is a must.
• Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
• Experience with multi axis mill turn would be a plus.
• Experience with machining automation (Robotics) would be a plus.
• Post builder experience would be a plus.
• Experience with Fanuc machining controller is a must. Experience with Siemens controller would be a plus.
• Set up machine, tools, connections, directories etc.
• Witness the CNC program prove out on the machine tool and correct the programs as required under guidance.
• Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process validations including operator training. Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
• Create Job instructions, tooling sheets, tool life studies.
• Standardize tooling across multiple programs
• Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to insure the integrity of CNC programs.
• Implement and report cost improvements.
• Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
• Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
• Working knowledge of MS office tools Excel, Word etc.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Follow all programming file management procedures, set by the company and/or applicable Quality Specifications to insure compliance of CNC programs with our Quality Management System.
Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and machinists.
Work with cross functional teams on improvement projects or kaizen events.
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate. College or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus.
Minimum 2 to 5 years of CNC programming experience to include three years' experience using CAD/CAM software is a must for CNC Programmer.
Minimum 5 to 7 years of CNC programming experience to include 5 years' experience using CAD/CAM software is a must for Senior CNC Programmer.
Multi axis Mill/Turn and robotic experience is a plus.
Must be able to react to normal machine scheduling and emergency requirements to maintain a steady flow of parts through CNC equipment. Assignments may also originate from opportunities that develop in the shop.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires walking, standing, 50% of the time; bending, squatting, and reaching, 10% of the time.
Must have flexibility to work on Saturday's or late evening hours as needed.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.