|Date Posted||February 4, 2020|
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Emerging Digital Systems (Robotics) to be located in Boston, MA area.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Director, Emerging Digital Systems (Robotics) will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of new digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead and execute aspects of the technical process, including software, electrical, systems engineering, testing (including V&V) as makes sense during the varying phases of the project. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to partner with the other leader of the R&D team and influence the cross functional teams to flawlessly execute on time and on scope. They will tenaciously drive the project timeline forward, unapologetically making and communicating critical path decisions. They will use their leadership to inspire the team and organization forward.
In this role you will:
- Run day-to-day operational and procedural aspects of the project (as assigned), ensuring all documentation and approvals are complete, current, stored and communicated appropriately.
- Define project and sub-project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
- Develop, maintain and track project timelines, cadence and stage gates that are part of the project plan.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Work with cross functional team members to drive project activities, key deliverables, timelines, providing follow up on action items to ensure on-time, on-scope execution and completion of timelines.
- Develop and present project updates, status reports, dashboard to communicate and track the project process, risk and mitigations to the team and to cross functional leadership.
- Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution.
- Show independent leadership of teams in dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Scientific field is required.
- A Bachelor’s or graduate degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred; computer, software, systems, electrical, mechanical, or robotics engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Full life cycle product development experience is required.
- Experience working in an Electrical, Software and/or Systems Engineering role and a combination of experience across these disciplines is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Experience with hardware/electrical and software medical devices is required.
- Experience with medical device regulations such as 60601, 62304, 13485 required.
- Experience with Verification and Validation Testing is required.
- Experience with robotics or medical robotics is required.
- Experience with EMC/EMI testing is strongly preferred.
- Experience launching medical devices in the US and/or Europe required. Experience with 510K or CE mark required.
- Experience developing and managing multi-million dollar R&D budgets required.
- Deep experience with and understanding of the software and digital industry and relevant applications to the healthcare industry preferred.
- Start-up company experience is strongly preferred.
- Mid to large corporate experience is preferred.
- Excellence with Microsoft project and/or other project management tools and Power Point is required.
- This position will be located in Boston, MA and may require travel up to 40%, both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)