|Date Posted||February 23, 2020|
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring for a Director, Robotics Hardware with a preferred location of Warsaw, IN. Considerations will also be made for Boston, MA but travel expectations will increase.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Director, Robotics Hardware will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of new digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead and execute aspects of the technical process, for hardware engineering supporting robotics (including V&V testing) as makes sense during the varying phases of the project. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to partner with the other leader of the R&D team and influence the cross functional teams to flawlessly execute on time and on scope. They will tenaciously drive the project timeline forward, unapologetically making and communicating critical path decisions. They will use their leadership to inspire the team and organization forward.
In this role you will:
- Run day-to-day operational and procedural aspects of the project (as assigned), ensuring all documentation and approvals are complete, current, stored and communicated appropriately.
- Define project and sub-project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
- Develop, maintain and track project timelines, cadence and stage gates that are part of the project plan.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Work with cross functional team members to drive project activities, key deliverables, timelines, providing follow up on action items to ensure on-time, on-scope execution and completion of timelines.
- Develop and present project updates, status reports, dashboard to communicate and track the project process, risk and mitigations to the team and to cross functional leadership.
- Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution.
- Show independent leadership of teams in dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering of Scientific field in required.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in mechanical, mechatronics or robotics engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Full life cycle product development experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Experience with medical devices is required.
- Experience with Verification and Validation Testing required.
- Experience launching medical devices in the US and/or Europe required. Experience with 510K or CE mark required.
- Experience developing and managing large dollar R&D budgets required.
- Mid to large size company corporate experience preferred.
- Excellence with Microsoft project and/or other project management tools and Power Point required.
- The preferred location for the role is Warsaw, IN and will include 25% domestic and international travel. Considerations will also be made for the candidate to be located in Boston, MA but travel expectations will increase to 50%, both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)