|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
Are you passionate about human spaceexploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with adynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we needyou!
We need your commitment, teamwork,and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over theglobe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds tohelp us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality oflife of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and weneed you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deepspace exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutionsprovider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significantrole to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of everyhuman spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orionspacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, theorbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back andforth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep spaceexploration. From critical systems onthe ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanceddevelopment for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of thefoundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC,the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samplesreturned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbitaldebris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of theorigins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of ourteam!
We are currently in need of a
ER4 Space Robotics Challenge (SRC)Simulation Software Developer to join our team. Do you have the followingskills?
ER4 Space Robotics Challenge (SRC) Simulation Software Developeryou will:
- Be part of the SRC (Space Robotics Challenge) Model Creation
- Design and develop robot models that are appropriate for completing autonomous collection of ISRU (In Situ Resource Utilization) materials in a lunar or extra-terrestrial environment.
- Work with NASA team members to refine those models and develop controllers for use within Gazebo.
- Create and distribute documentation and tutorials for the utilization of those integrated controllers.
- Provide qualitative and/or quantitative characterization of expected vehicle/terrain interaction.
- Design and develop ROS infrastructure to transmit data from simulated sensors, to include camera, IMU, and joint encoders, in addition to other sensors as designated during the competition.
- Design and develop ROS infrastructure to transmit commands to simulated motors, to include wheels, drills, and other mechanical actuation mechanisms.
- Develop ROS-based user interfaces for competitors to use for autonomous vehicle operations.
- Work in a competitive environment
- Develop and test simulation worlds, including detailed and lunar accurate lighting environment.
- Develop a CloudSim challenge environment for autonomous operations of simulation.
- Assist in setting up challenge practice runs for competitors.
- Customize standard Gazebo scoring plug-ins to score and rank the competitors performance.
- Provide direct support for the operation of Gazebo within and during the qualifying round(s) and the competition round(s).
- Assist in judging of runs for final scores.
- Provide animation footage of all qualification and competition runs to Space Center Houston, and Centennial Challenges.
- Develop practical task scenarios for the qualification and competition rounds.
- Define rules for the competition.
- Define the game mechanics for the competition.
- Design validation tasks.
- Ensure real-time performance of Gazebo simulation is maintained.
- Implement appropriate tools for use by virtual SRC competitors to increase efficiency of virtual SRC practice sessions.
- Provide CloudSim to support the competition.
- Collect data on validation tasks, and provide analysis of that data to modify simulation parameters, and provide documentation of the process and its results.
- Implement and release Gazebo software bug fixes, improvements, and other features as needed by competitors, and other users of the competition environments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency with C coding.
- Proficiency with Python scripting.
- Proficiency with 3D simulation environment graphics engines. Proficiency with Linux (Ubuntu OS).
- Proficiency with Robot Operating System (ROS). Proficiency with Cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Proficiency with Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Software configuration management tools such as Bitbucket and Github.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with OGRE 3D.
- Experience with GazeboSim.
- Experience with CloudSim.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with software requirements.
Why Workfor Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of allthat we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We lookforward to seeing you!
SeeWhat We Do
JacobsAerospace Solutions Overview
(Pleaseview in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting careeropportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Formore information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson SpaceCenter, please visit <web address removed>
- Mustbe a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government backgroundinvestigation.
- Managementhas the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has beenadvertised.
Generally an office environment, butcan involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). Mayrequire lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periodsand surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professionalbehavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose asafety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.