|Date Posted||February 12, 2020|
An automotive tier I supplier is looking for an experienced Paint Process Engineer. This individual will initiate continuous improvement activities for cycle time reduction, paint usage reduction, alternative materials and scrap reduction for products assigned.
· Improve the quality of the end product by developing and implementing error-proofing methods to prevent the manufacture of defects within the paint processes.
· Notify the General Manager/Paint Manager of incapable processes/products.
· Initiate the design, testing and implementation of paint racks for new products using 3D Cad software tools.
· Co-ordinate the implementation of new paint equipment, upgrades to existing paint equipment such as paint racks, masking fixtures and any paint delivery system within the paint line and its processes.
· Participate in the production part approval process as per the APQP requirements.
· Prepare capital justifications for new paint equipment, and on-going improvements.
· Act as technical contact for vendors of all paint related equipment.
· Manage, and maintain systems to measure key indicators of plant performance for Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
· Actively participate in advanced product quality planning with regards to manufacturing processes.
· Initiate corrective and preventive actions for customer and internal paint rejections. Lead the team in mistake proofing of potential paint process concerns.
· Develop plans/schedules for preventative and predictive maintenance of all paint equipment.
· Ensure the implementation of new paint processes and follow up until process capability is achieved.
· Maintain and update work instructions, paint process specifications, process flow charts , process control plans, paint line set-up instructions and process FMEA’s. Develop and review work procedures for all process related functions, i.e. operators, paint operators, painters, paint cell leaders, paint technicians, and maintenance.
· Responsible for keeping plant personnel informed of quality, process and general product related issues for products assigned through plant information boards.
· Ensure that all paint processing methods and paint equipment meet all health and safety requirements. Identify all paints, solvent and hardeners to human resources for safety data sheets.
· Participate in specific design review meetings for new products as set up by the program manager to assist on identifying design issues that affect paint rack design.
- Monitor paint process, product, and quality system performance in accordance with the applicable product standard and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience at a Tier One or OEM Automotive Paint Shop
- Minimum of 3 years of experience programming Fanuc robots
- Understanding of PLC Programming preferred
- Experience with 3D Cad Software
*DIRECT HIRE with a world class manufacturing organization