|Date Posted||July 11, 2020|
Principal Electrical Engineer (Robotics) (Medical Device) EE
The Principal Electrical Engineering at Client USA Healthcare Optics Research Lab will be responsible for leading the electrical engineering team for design, implementation and verification of next generation clinical imaging and robotics systems in collaboration with world’s leading medical institutions.
The Engineer will be involved in a breadth of electrical design power conversion/distribution, micro-controllers, computer interfaces, user-interfaces, electro-mechanical drivers and electro-optical circuits. The Engineer will work on board designs, as well as custom circuit designs. As a principal engineer, this person will provide guidance and technical oversight for a small team of electrical engineers.
We are seeking a highly motivated, execution-focused leader with the ability to define electrical architectures and tasks necessary for a successful product commercialization.
Key Responsibilities (“Do”):
· Lead the definition of electrical systems architectures, technical solutions, and detailed designs for novel medical imaging products consisting of software and hardware
· Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards.
· Manage the research and prototyping of new and innovative solutions.
· Manage feasibility studies of the design to determine if product is capable of functioning as intended.
· Lead board and system bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality.
· Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Clinical, Design & Usability, Marketing, R&D, Quality, and Regulatory.
· Guide and mentor less experienced team members to foster growth
· Ensure design documentation creation throughout all phases of design control.
· Ensure compliance with Client quality policies, procedures, and practices.
· Provide documentation of inventions for patent applications; review alternative technology as it relates to the invention.
· Identify and retire technical risk.
· Report progress regularly to upper management.
Results Expected (“Deliver”):
· Define and author electrical requirements and architecture to meet medical system requirements.
· Define and author board level specifications.
· Generate circuit models and simulations.
· Generate electrical system power analyses.
· Complete component de-rating analyses.
· Create cable diagrams for electrical systems.
· Create electrical schematics and bill of materials.
· Define initial board layout designs.
· Define technical tasks and effort for integrated electronic modules designs with circuit layout in tightly constrained spaces.
· Develop board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications.
Define technical tasks to achieve design realization.