|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
Are you passionate about human spaceexploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with adynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we needyou!
We need your commitment, teamwork,and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over theglobe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds tohelp us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality oflife of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and weneed you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deepspace exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutionsprovider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significantrole to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of everyhuman spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orionspacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, theorbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back andforth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep spaceexploration. From critical systems onthe ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanceddevelopment for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of thefoundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC,the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samplesreturned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbitaldebris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of theorigins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of ourteam!
We are currently in need of a
Robotics Control Systems Engineer
to join our team with
, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
Robotics Control Systems Engineer
- Use modern controls methods (state space control, observer design, kalman filters, etc.) to design and develop control systems for robotic systems.
- Develop embedded software.
- Develop simulations using Matlab.
Thisposition has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate'sexperience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to considercandidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BSdegree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Experience with robotic systems.
- Experience with controls development using modern controls methods (state space control, observer design, kalman filters, etc.).
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Proficiency with C/C coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Experience with simulation development using Matlab.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with adaptive controls methods.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- NASA software and systems development standards.
Why Work on Our Team?
Clickon the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Comejoin our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
SeeWhat We Do
JacobsAerospace Solutions Overview
(Pleaseview in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting careeropportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
Formore information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson SpaceCenter, please visit <web address removed>
- Mustbe a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government backgroundinvestigation.
- Managementhas the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has beenadvertised.
Generally an office environment, butcan involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). Mayrequire lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periodsand surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professionalbehavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose asafety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.