|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
Robotics Engineering Technician
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
Design and integration of robots for custom factory processes with safety and efficiency in mind possibly with PLC’s and HMI’s. This includes analysis of system requirements including reach, loads, EOAT design, safety with fall protection. EOAT can include grippers, air chucks, spindles, welding torches. Specification of robots, integral components, and layout requirements of the cell.
· Support of production engineering projects including design of tools and fixtures.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Analyze and evaluate robotic systems or prototypes.
· Debug robotics programs.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent in verifiable work history experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering focusing on robot integration and programming.
Skills and Abilities
- Robot integration experience with a preference to OTC and Fanuc systems
- Experience with CAD (Creo/Windchill preferred) to design fixtures and document design changes
- Experience with integration of PLC’s and HMI’s
- PLC programming a plus
· Understanding of machines, mechanisms, and assembly processes
· Patient and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Products
Working Conditions And Physical Demands
Office/Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to effectively execute this role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands and lift objects weighing as much as 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
We seek to hire skilled professionals who add value each day, take pride in their work and guide their decisions legally, ethically, and in line with company policy. In return, Mohawk is committed to enhancing our employees' quality of life by delivering a great work environment, competitive pay, and an industry leading benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, employer-matched 401(k), disability income protection and life insurance.