|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Robotics Perception Software Engineer to work onsite at our client’s facility in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a contingent position expected to last 1 year.
The company’s Innovation and Technology Development Division is currently seeking a Robotics Perception Software Engineer at its Pittsburgh Automation Center. In this role you will work on the exciting and technically challenging Automation Systems Development team. This team is responsible for developing and demonstrating automation technologies, which are often used in conjunction with information systems, remote control, semi-autonomous, and fully autonomous machine control systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research and develop new technology in perception
- Develop perception software and implement in edge computing or central computing platforms
- Hands-on programming in C, C++
- Test software in lab, simulation, and in machine environment
- Solving analytical problems and debugging software
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Participate in R&D programs through entire life cycle, from initial inception through production and maintenance phases
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- With a bachelor’s degree, at least 5 years of experience (or) with master’s degree, at least 3 years of experience with design, and development of Computer vision/perception software that integrates with Perception sensors (i.e. Lidar, Cameras, Radar, etc)
- Very strong hands-on programming skills in C++
- Experience in deploying software on edge and central computing embedded platforms with CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
Top candidates will also have:
- Perception, Machine learning, Deep learning algorithm development experience
- Programming skills in ROS, Matlab, Python
- Strong math skills and familiarity with linear algebra
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Direct inquiries only- no 3rd party submittals.
This position is not available for Corp to Corp employment.
***This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Candidates must be able to relocate to this location at their own expense.***
If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify for.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.