|Date Posted||July 16, 2020|
Seeking a Robotics/Perception Software Engineer for the world's leading manufacturer (in the Pittsburgh, PA area) I am working with. Please apply with an updated resume.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment for product lines.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery. Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++ Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to embedded systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc. Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required. 8-10 years' experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Mathematics or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with design, development, or programming of Perception Systems software for field robotics
- At least 2 years of experience developing algorithms, embedded systems/software that integrates with Perception sensors (i.e. Lidar, Camera, Stereo Camera, Radar, etc)
- Experience in field robotic settings, implementing perception algorithms on advanced hardware platforms.
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
- Linux operating system experience
- Experience in developing embedded computational platforms including hardware accelerated platforms such as FPGAs, GPUs, and real-time CPUs
- Experience in Path Planning and/or Positioning systems
- Experience with Matlab, C, C++
- Must have strong mathematics skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.