|Location||New Brunswick, NJ|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
SOFTWARE ENGINEER--NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
This company is an engineering design and systems integration start-up capable of product design/development as well as providing turnkey innovative robotic and automation solutions to the manufacturing, automotive, and pharmaceutical industries.
This company is currently looking for a talented hands-on Software Engineer for their New Brunswick, NJ facility who will be responsible for designing the software that drives industrial robots and custom built machinery.
- Research new technologies that increase efficiency, help the company scale, and improve customer satisfaction
- Configuration, programming, calibration, and troubleshooting of LIDAR based GPS technology
- Participate in design, review and specification of system components and software
- Participate in component selection process
- Conceptualize how a machine will function, commit the concept to a sequence of operations, develop the software, test/debug the machine, and finally commission at customer's facility
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline with a concentration in automation, control systems, or robotics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A collaborative personality, enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and bring multiple projects to completion on time and on budget
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills, a demonstrated ability to solve complex system issues
- General knowledge of detection system concepts and components
- Experience with Computer Vision/Machine Vision
- Programming experience C++, Matlab, Python, or similar language
- 2+ years of related experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.