|Date Posted||May 19, 2020|
- We are looking for a robotics systems engineering lead to lead up an effort in spaceflight hardware design.
- Will lead a team of 4-6 engineers in design and development of a custom robotics system for a space exploration program. Team is multidisciplinary and involves mechanical and electrical engineering elements.
- Program involves closed loop controls design efforts for precision robotics control. Special focus on systems stability and precise motion controls for the mechanisms needed.
- Interfacing with other groups, will provide systems updates and team updates on the robotic subsystem for this program. Includes presenting updates to groups including other NASA stakeholders.
- Perform dynamic analysis as a part of the team on the loads for dynamic/ moving systems. Analysis for kinematic controls.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, robotics engineering, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline.
- At least 10 yrs of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of high reliability systems required. Spaceflight/ satellite/ spacecraft hardware development experience is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of systems engineering tools and standard engineering SW tools required.
- Knowledge of systems engineering ConOps.
- Knowledge of closed loop controls systems, kinematics, motion control concepts, dynamic loads, actuators, electric motors/ gimbals, precision controls.
- Knowledge of robotics systems integration and test is required.
- Working onsite at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Top Skills Desired
1) Experience with the full design life-cycle for a Robotics System.
2) Analysis and design of dynamic systems including kinematics, motion controls, dynamic loads on moving systems, systems stability, etc.
3) Knowledge of closed loop controls systems. Knowledge of mechanical and electromechanical elements of robotics systems.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.