|Location||Redwood City, CA|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2020|
Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Systems Engineer – Robotics and Controls Software Infrastructure, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Sr. Systems Engineer - Robotics and Controls Software Infrastructure, will take a unique role in the development of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical system. The primary focus of this position is to lead the software efforts of the systems engineering group in the implementation and verification of robotic control algorithms. You will serve as a bridge to the software engineering group to ensure that that systems engineers adopt best software practices, are able to use development tools effectively to accelerate algorithm prototyping and have data analysis tools for both analysis and verification. This position will also implement control algorithms.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Gain expert understanding of the software architecture in order to guide systems engineers in implementing their algorithms
- Become an infrastructure resource for the systems engineering group in using the software development environment and developing new tools for prototyping and verification
- Have strong cross collaboration with the software engineering and data teams
- Implementation of control algorithms for custom surgical robots, end-effectors, and other electro-mechanical subsystems
- Work in cross functional teams to accomplish system integration and perform engineering verification
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Control, or equivalent areas is required; Masters’ or PhD degree is highly preferred
- 4 years or more hands-on experience on robotic or electromechanical system control with a Bachelors, 2+ years of experience with a Masters or 0 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience with real-time control systems (RTLinux, QNX, xPCTarget, LabVIEW Realtime. etc.)
- Strong programming skills in C++, MATLAB, and Python
- Demonstrated strong experience with robot control algorithm development, implementation, and debugging
- Demonstrated experience in electromechanical system design, implementation, integration, debugging, verification, and testing
- Familiar in robot kinematics and dynamics
- Familiar with digital control and signal processing
- Familiar with electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
- Demonstrated task ownership in cross-functional environment; proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting; ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel desired
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)